We also had our first Christmas together! It was amazing. It felt so good to have a stress free weekend of shopping, cooking, and friends. We stayed home (YAY!) and had friends over for dinner who don't have family near by. We opened our gifts on Christmas Eve, and even Miss Munchkin had a few things under the tree.
I haven't posted any ultrasound pictures yet, so here they are (earliest to most recent):
Munchkin @ 16 weeks 3 days (16w3d). She's curled up on her knees, tucked in a little ball. (We didn't know she was a girl at this point).We have one more set that was done on Thursday, but they are in a sheet and its extremely hard to see them on here. I will have to make Matt fix that before I post them.
She is measuring right on track, to the day. This is a huge relief to both of us (and our amazing doctor!) because it means that my chances of having Gestational Diabetes at this point are close to none. I have to do another blood draw and sugar test before my next appointment on January 21, just to make sure. Prayers for low sugar are much appreciated.
As of Thursday I have only gained 12 lbs. We aren't really sure how much I lost due to all of my morning sickness, but my doctor seems pleased by this number. Which is good. I, however, wish it was less, I mean, who LIKES putting on weight? Seriously.
And now, a little not-baby-related updated.
I HAVE A JOB. And I love it. I'm working for a drop-off day care center here in town, and I absolutely adore (a good majority of) the kids. The down fall to working with close to 65 different children a day? NASTY GERMS. The kind that caused me to end up in Urgent Care on Friday morning with a double ear infection, and some lovely bacterial infection (could be strep) in my throat. Unfortunately things got really bad last night, and I'm hoping the fact that I work today wont make it even worse. If so, I go back to see Dr. Jason on Monday.
Matt is doing well, and seems to have avoided getting "the sickness" as we now call it. And to play it safe, he took a few days off of work because he started to feel gross. Minus the whole working more hours than should be legal, he is doing well. Last night he felt Alien Baby kick TWICE. He has felt her move a few times, but last night she was going to town on this one area of my ever growing baby belly, and I woke him up (oops) to feel it, and boy did he. He had the same giddy smile like the day we got married, and it almost made me cry. He's going to be an amazing dad. :)
I'm off to shower before Matt gets home from church (I opted to stay home so that I don't infect the masses, and the other pregnant ladies at our church) and then I am off to work.
We hope you are all well, and have a fabulous and safe New Year's.
And if you really want to freak out: The Esau Baby (aka Alien Baby aka Miss Munchkin) will be here in less than 100 days. AH!
No comments:
Post a Comment