Friday, January 9, 2009

Two for Two

What Princess doesn't thoroughly enjoy ruining holidays? Why should Adri been any different? On "Black Friday" the day of the Esau Thanksgiving, miss priss woke up in the wee hours screaming her head off. I remember Matt searching the pack-n-play only to grumble three minutes about the fact that she was screaming with the binky still in her mouth. He had my attention immediately. Matt brought Adri to bed with us and we soon realized we were in for little sleep with an angry baby. Her head was insanely warm to the touch and nothing calmed her down. We spent the rest of the day attempting to keep her naked and cool, but all she really wanted was to be held by daddy and left alone.

Of course by Christmas Eve she was completely back to her normal energetic self, and we figured Christmas would breeze by without any ailments. We could only be so lucky. We had a fun night with the Shelton's eatting chilli and wrapping presents and as Kelly was walking out the door I noticed goop in Adri's eyes. No. No. No. Not pink eye. Anything but pink eye. Ok, let's just sleep on it and see what happens in the morning. Worst. Idea. Ever. Adri woke up pretty stinkin mad because she could barely open her eyes. I told Matt that if it was pink eye I would suck it up and stay home with her so at least one of us could have a decent holiday. We quickly determined it was not pink eye (crisis averted), but she definitely had something going on it her eyes, and she sure as heck was not happy.

So we treck over to the Shelton's (are we seeing the Christmas theme?) where Jeremy determines she in fact does have an eye infection but thankfully it isn't pink eye. And for the most part Adri was completely normal, except for the fact that she looked like she had been crying for about 48 hours straight. So we attempted to take some "Christmas" pictures, and keeping the whole eye infection thing in mind, I don't think they turned out half bad. I am hoping I can photoshop them a bit, but here are the untouched images:








*you may also note the small scrape on the side of her nose, Adri decided to become adventorous (and annoying) one night at work and repeatedly rolled off a cushoin that sits a good 6-10 inches off the ground, smashing her face into the carpet each time. I have no clue where she gets that trait from, I mean, I never made it my goal to see just how bad I could drive my parents insane or anything. Sorry mom and dad.



and this is how you know when Adri is officially over it, she just kind of crawls away!

So now that little miss is all "better" she has decided to needs to try to feed herself. Well, if you had any questions as to how she keeps getting this eye infection, I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that she often rubs food in her eyes....yeah.






Adri has started doing this hilarious thing where she throws her arms up and screams at random times. That would be what those two pictures are where she kind of looks mad. She's just crazy. Don't worry.

And with that, goodnight. Hopefully I have made up for being MIA for 3 months. I promise I wont let it happen again, maybe.

No comments: