Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday Update!

Not much to say today, since I updated after our appointment on Friday.

Saturday was fairly eventful. We had busy day planned (key word being planned). A t-ball game for Forrest at 9:30, a baby shower for the twins at 2, and Taite's birthday party at 5. Woke up on time, got in the shower, was getting ready to leave, and Adri decided she was hungry. Really, really, really hungry. So I fed her...and fed her...and fed her. By the time we were done the t-ball had started, and it would have taken us 20 minutes to get there, so we stayed home. Then Munchkin decided she didn't want to nap, no matter how tired she was. I swaddled her, unswaddled her, rocked her, laid her down, put her in the bassinet (with and without the vibrate feature) and she still wasn't happy. Sometime around 1 she decided the ideal place to sleep was on mom, and she was not going to settle for anything else. So we napped together, and woke up around 3. Scratch the baby shower...and the birthday party. There was just no way we could make it to the church at 4 to join the caravan to the party. And sure enough, Adri ate again, and crashed...on mom again, and that is where we stayed until Matt got home at 530 and could relieve me to regain feeling in my legs again, since we were on the couch.

Luckily, Adri stopped the 'I must be sleeping on someone to be asleep' thing, but Saturday was just proof positive that babies totally control the day (for the most part). Luckily, my Mom bought us Baby Wise (1&2) so Matt and I should be able to attempt to get Adri on a schedule here soon, which would definitely benefit all three of us.

Sunday was completely uneventful, and that was okay with us. Adri chilled in her sling the entire time we were at church, fast asleep, ignoring all of the people coo-ing over her. We went to lunch with Kelly and Gus, and as usual, Gus was hilarious and insane, all at the same time. We love him. We came home, fed the baby, napped, fed the baby, and she put herself to sleep in her Boppy, for a few hours. So I cleaned the house while Matt worked, and then I fed her again while we watched Americas Next Top Model, and Munchkin went to bed after that. Like I said, pretty uneventful.

And now it is Monday, and so far Adri has had two lovely projectile vomits, but seems to be fine. Must have been something I ate that did not set well with her tiny tummy.

Check back on Saturday for ONE MONTH OLD pictures. Holy cow. I'm sure I will post more pictures before then, the weather is supossed to be nice this week, so hopefully we can get out a little more.

Have a great week!

No comments: